At Arun West Neighbourhood Watch Association, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to Enquiries Ourwatch
Arun West Neighbourhood Watch
WHO ARE WE?
We are The Arun West Neighbourhood Watch Association, part of the largest crime prevention charity in England and Wales dedicated to supporting Neighbourhood Watch groups to work with the police and other agencies to build safer and stronger communities. In this policy ‘The Arun West Neighbourhood Watch Association ‘, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means: The Arun West Neighbourhood Watch Association.
In this policy our website refers to arunwestnhw.org.uk
The information you provide when joining Neighbourhood Watch is entered onto the Neighbourhood Watch Register.
Data held on the Neighbourhood Watch Register is controlled by Neighbourhood Watch Network and processed on our behalf by:
VISAV Limited (VISAV),
Sherwood Business Centre,
616a to 618a Mansfield Road,
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We obtain information about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us directly
- Information you give us, that is entered when you visit our website
- local Neighbourhood Watch web pages
- On your behalf by a Multi Scheme Administrator or
Neighbourhood Watch Coordinator.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
Personal information we collect, store and use might include:
- Your name and contact details
- Postal address, email address and telephone number
- Your year of birth
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave your information
- When you sign up to email alerts how you use our emails, provider preferences - for example whether you open them and which links you click on information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, for instance your IP address and geographical location any other personal information you have shared with us.
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, for example information about your health, ethnicity and religion.
We do not collect sensitive data about you unless there is a clear and valid reason for doing so, data protection laws allow us to and your consent to sharing that data with us. Where appropriate, we will make it clear why we are collecting this type of information, what it will be used for and ask for your explicit consent to share it with us.
HOW AND WHY IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We may use your information for different purposes, which may include:
- Send you communications which you have requested or that may be of interest to you
- These may include information or surveys about crime prevention, campaigns and activities, our newsletter and promotions of goods and services provided by our sponsors
- Provide you with other services, products or information you ask for
- Keep a record of Neighbourhood Watch schemes, coordinators, supporters and members
- Improve the website by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example, our email alerts
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Respond to any feedback you send us.
HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION KEPT FOR?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations.
We review our retention periods on a regular basis.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
We share your personal data with Visav Ltd if you register to support or join Neighbourhood Watch through our website, email. This is so that Visav Ltd can process the data and keep it secure on our behalf. In some areas your data may also be shared with Neighbourhood Watch volunteers who have been trained as Multi Scheme Administrators and help us to keep the personal data held on the Neighbourhood Watch Register up to date and accurate.
If there is a Neighbourhood Watch scheme in your area, your details will be visible to the local coordinator who runs that scheme and the Force Area or District Lead for your area (if there is one).
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties
- We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Data protection law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
- Specific consent
- Legal obligation
- Vital interests
- Legitimate interests
We may use your contact details to provide you with information about the work we do, crime prevention advice and opportunities to support us, as well as the products and services offered by our sponsors, if we think it may be of interest to you. We do this through our e-newsletter and other occasional communications which are sent through the Neighbourhood Alert system to people who have registered as Neighbourhood Watch members and other people who have agreed to receive information from Neighbourhood Watch.
Under GDPR UK data protection law, you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about you. Here is a summary of the rights that we think apply:
- Access to personal data held about you
- Have your inaccurate personal information corrected
- Restrict use of your personal data
- Erasure of your personal data
- Your personal information to be portable
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email us at The Chairman
Arun West Neighbourhood Watch
We may be required to ask for further information and/or evidence of identity. We will endeavour to respond fully to all requests within one month of receipt of your request, however if we are unable to do so we will contact you with reasons for the delay.
Please note that exceptions apply to a number of these rights, and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
- Fulfilling a subject access request may expose personal data about another person
- If you ask to delete data which we are required to keep by law.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect it through compliance with our internal Data Protection policies and practices. We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where you have chosen a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION UP TO DATE
- We take reasonable steps to ensure your information is accurate and up to date
- To help us to do this you are required to update your contact details when they change.
USE OF 'COOKIES'
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access those using links from our website.
16 OR UNDER
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
We are committed to protecting vulnerable supporters and members and appreciate that additional care may be needed when we use their personal information. In recognition of this, we observe good practice guidelines in our interactions with people we know to be vulnerable.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your info is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors.
CONTACT US OR MAKE A COMPLAINT
- If you have any questions about anything in this document
- Think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled.
Arun West Neighbourhood Watch
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If we make any significant changes to this policy, they will be posted on our website so please check to ensure that you're happy with any changes
REVIEW OF THIS POLICY
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in April 2021
- Complaint’s policy
- Data breach policy
- Data protection policy
- Equality and diversity policy
- Environmental policy
- Managing behaviour policy
- Safeguarding policy
- Subject access requests guidelines
- Whistleblowing policy
for a copy in PDF format (5 Pages 193KB)
©2020 Arun West Neighbourhood Watch.
All rights reserved. Site AWNHW Website Administrator